Friday, April 18, 2008

My character-Jelly



Here is a screenshot of what I have done for my character till now. The character I have created in blender is a basic and cartoon jellyfish, now I have an idea that it will be a floating object in the water and controlled by the navigation of player to experience and explore the underwater world. I still need spend some time to work on my character design. By the way, I hate the squared head of my jellyfish, gonna change it into a smooth and evasive head that should be much better.





The main character I have created has 4 smooth legs so that it has capacity of running in the water; it will not be a floating object as my initial thinking any more. Although it still seems like a jellyfish, it has a big improvement and difference with its initial appearance as a jellyfish. It has big eyes, nose to breath and flexible legs; also it becomes an active animal but not a decoration in the water any more. In that case, it is able to escape from its enemy-I haven’t sure what is its enemy, now I plan it to be a big fish who wants to catch my character and eat it.





The final outcome is a tiny cartoon character with light blue pattern skin and shiny blue eyes. I textured it with bright color because it is an obvious object in the game and also its color tells its enemies that it is dangerous to get close to it. Its legs move smooth just like swimming in the water, what its difference from a jellyfish is it has ability to control the movement by itself (the navigation of player) but not floating by the direction of water. Still thinking about its name... like Jelly...

No comments: