Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Environment of "Finding Nemo"

To me, video game is an unfamiliar object that I need to explore something interesting and to understand the design theory behind them. The reason is I haven’t played a video game properly at all but just played simple and easy ones for fun at most times. In that case, it is a challenge for me to find an environment that designed well in a video game.


However, base on my jellyfish created in project1, I am interested in creating the underwater environment for my little character. Therefore, Finding Nemo game which has a beautiful underwater environment becomes my research object. The game is designed as an interactive interface for players to interact with the characters in the movie. Meanwhile, as players navigate in the game, they also experience the different levels which are the scenes of the movie as well.







Give a example, this screenshot comes from the little game demo I played is one of the levels. Nice environment and activate musical sound. As the game description, players navigate the game by their mouse and they need to help Nemo with its swim skill that hit the green ball constantly to prevent it dropping down but keep it floating and hitting everywhere includes the jellyfish inside this room to earn points. It is interesting that when the ball hits the floating jellyfishes, they will change their color and make activated sound immediately.








No comments: